Click each outfit below to shop:
Charleston is a city filled with charm. Our family recently took a trip to Charleston, South Carolina and fell in LOVE with this colorful, trendy city. We had the best time exploring and wanted to share our Charleston musts with y’all. We decided to put together some of our favorite places to shop, eat, stay, and explore in Charleston!
WHERE TO STAY:
While we were in Charleston, our family stayed at the French Quarter Inn located in the heart of downtown Charleston. It is the most award-winning hotel in Historic Charleston and is the definition of true Southern hospitality. We seriously never wanted to leave. Here are some reasons to stay at this amazing hotel:
- The hotel complimentary breakfast: Every morning we woke up to fresh fruit, Greek yogurt parfaits, smoked salmon, baked goods, eggs, and petite quiches. This was the most amazing continental breakfast we have EVER had.
- The gorgeous rooms: These rooms are definitely the prettiest hotel rooms we have ever seen. They are so elegant and chic looking.
- Bikes for borrowing: Exploring Charleston on cute little bikes is one of the best ways to explore the city!
- Coffee, Tea & Snacks 24/7: Every time you would pass through the lobby you could help yourself to M&M dispensers, salty snacks, sweet tea, detox fruit infused water, and coffee (any hotel serving coffee 24/7 is DEFINITELY our kind of hotel lol).
- The warm cookies and milk every night at 8:00: Who doesn’t love cookies? Every night from 8-10, the hotel serves fresh baked gooey cookies and milk to every guest! (Special shoutout to Alina for leaving us almond milk every night to go with the cookies!)
- The best service ever: Every single person working in the hotel went above and beyond in exceeding our expectations!
WHAT TO DO:
- Take a day trip to Folly Beach or Sullivan’s Island!
- Explore the neighborhoods: One of our favorite things to do while we were in Charleston was to walk around all the different streets and see the beautiful houses.
- Walk down King Street and Rainbow Row (one of the most photographed locations in Charleston).
- Go shopping! There is so much good shopping all over this beautiful city. There are tons of unique, local boutiques all over the city to putz through and shop around in!
- Go on a historic walking tour or carriage tour: We decided to go on a walking tour of the city and learn a little bit about the history of Charleston. There is seriously so much to know about this city!
WHAT TO EAT: The food in Charleston is seriously SO GOOD. We never had a bad meal while we were here.
- Poogan’s Porch– This restaurant is the perfect southern spot for brunch! It’s a favorite among many tourists and celebrities who come to Charleston. As soon as you are seated you are welcomed with homemade, buttermilk biscuits and butter (seriously, some of the best biscuits we have ever had). This brunch spot is a must if you are ever in Charleston!
- Callie’s Hot Little Biscuit- If you are in the mood for delicious, homemade biscuits, head over to Callie’s in Charleston! They have so many different options to choose from like cheese & chive, cinnamon, blackberry, country ham, and more. Callie’s biscuits serve a big punch of flavor in a small, warm bite! (The blackberry biscuit is TO DIE for).
- Magnolia’s- This restaurant is traditional, southern cooking with an upscale vibe. Magnolia’s blew us away from start to finish. They have the BEST southern cooking you will ever eat! Seriously, this restaurant changed the game of fried chicken forever.
- S.N.O.B- If you are in the mood to try the best shrimp and grits in Charleston, head over to Slightly North of Broad, or SNOB. This restaurant is a Lowcountry bistro located downtown. The environment was incredible and the food was amazing!
- Basic Kitchen- If you need something healthy after all the southern indulgences, head over to Basic Kitchen! They use seasonal, local produce to create food that is delicious and nourishing for your body. We got the cauliflower “wings” and the Rainbow Bowl made with sweet potato noodles and rainbow veggies (YUM).
Click each outfit below to shop:
- Jeni’s- The best homemade ice cream you will EVER have! Our favorite flavors are Gooey Butter Cake, Peanut Butter with Chocolate Flecks, and Brown Butter Almond Brittle.
- Kaminsky’s- A dessert cafe that only sells sweets and yummy drinks?! We were all in! Kaminsky’s was the perfect place to grab a sweet treat after a long day of walking through Charleston. (The famous Tollhouse Cookie Pie is to die for).
- Peace Pie– A unique twist on a classic ice cream sandwich with PIE FILLING! Yes, you heard that right. Peace Pie has so many unique flavors like Pecan Pie, Salted Caramel Brownie, and Cinnamon Bun! (You seriously can’t go wrong).
We hope you all enjoyed our travel guide of Charleston and that it inspires you to make a trip there soon! We loved it so much and can’t wait to go back!
Double the love- Kennedy & Taylor