Happy New Year everyone!! We hope you had the best 2018 and are getting excited for 2019! Every year we like to set new goals for the upcoming year ahead! To help you guys out with your 2019 fitness goals, we thought we would share some of our previous resolutions from a couple years ago that really helped kick-start our health and fitness journey! We promise these resolutions will help you become healthier and happier in the new year! Cheers to 2019!
- Drink tons & tons of water. Starting out, we aimed to drink 8 glass of water a day. We have now worked our way up to drinking a gallon of water a day. Start small and carry a water bottle with you everywhere you go! (Sidenote: you will have to pee every 30 minutes lol)
- Eat veggies every day. Eating a diet filled with a variety of vegetables is SO good for you and will keep you feeling fuller for longer! We love roasting, steaming, and sauteing our veggies. Some of our favorite veggies to eat are brussels sprouts, cauliflower, asparagus, and zucchini!
- Plan your workouts. Before we go to the gym, we plan out exactly what we are going to do. This helps keep us on track and motivated to complete our workouts!
- Get more sleep. Sleep is SO important and truly sets your day up for success. Getting enough sleep helps your body recover and gives you more energy for the day ahead!
- Eat out less. Restaurants tend to add a lot of extra fat, salt, and sugar to your food when dining out, which can lead to bloat and weight gain. Eating out less will not only make you feel better, but it will also help save you lots of money!
- Meal prep. We love to prep our meat and veggies in advance at the start of the week to keep ourselves on track. Meal prepping also saves us so much time because we are always so busy with school and cheerleading!
- Clean out your kitchen. Get rid of all the unhealthy junk in your pantry and fridge. Start fresh and fill up your kitchen with healthy foods!
- Walk more. Try taking the stairs more or parking farther away to get more steps in! We always try to get at least 10k steps per day! (When we walk around on campus it tends to be around 20k lol)
- Take apple cider vinegar shots. Apple cider vinegar is SO good for you. It helps boost energy, detoxifies the body, and is great for digestion!
- Cut out soda/sugary drinks. One year, our New Year’s resolution was to stop drinking soda. We were probably around 13 at the time and it was so hard for us, but we did it! By the end of the year, when we had our first sip of soda, we really didn’t crave it anymore or even care about it. Cutting out liquid calories is something so simple, but so effective. It has now turned into a habit and we hardly drink it at all!
- Measure your food intake. Buying a food scale was the biggest game-changer for us! When we first started measuring out our food, our minds were blown by how different portion sizes were from what we actually thought. Try weighing out your food and track what you eat every day this year! We promise this will help you SO much!
Cheers to the new year!!
Double the love- Kennedy & Taylor